Thursday, December 11, 2008

What I am learning as I grow older.....

Cen did a good post about growing old and what it means to her. I'm 40 in RL...yes there you have it my real age. You will never see what I actually look like in RL.. I have been tempted but telling my age is enough information.

I am 40 and what I have learned about myself so far is this: I'm not a risk taker and I don't like change. I cherish comfort, safety and comfortableness (I don't even know if that is a real word?). I am an introvert and I need time alone to recharge myself. I think and analyze things so much that sometimes I can't make a decision. I am a homebody and I LOVE my home! There was a time there for about four months where being at home was not a place that I wanted to be at anymore and that was a terrible feeling! Where do you go when you don't want to be in your favorite place anymore? I think that is one reason why I like SL so much. It gives me chance to leave and go somewhere else without actually really leaving.

I'm not that insecure around pretty girls anymore because I think I still look pretty good for my age. I know that may sound conceited but feeling insecure around pretty, cute or attractive women is something that I have always had a problem with.

I hate to exercise and I hate eating right. I have been doing it off and on for the past 20 years and will probably still be doing it for the next 20 years.

Things happen for a reason in life. We may not know it at the time but eventually it will be revealed. It may be years and years and years from now but things will eventually all fall into place.

With all that said.....do I still have a lot to learn...hell yea! Am I comfortable in my own skin...hell no! Am I my own best friend...yes! Am I my own worst enemy...yes!

With all that said would I go back to being 20? No, I like myself more at 40 then I ever did before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheers! Agreed!!!! (We all need to explore rl a bit though.)

C said...

Excellent post and points.

I wouldn't be 20 again for anything, I like myself better now than I ever have.

I was just surprised when I realized that I could apply the same concepts to my blog and SL. I'm just over one year old now LOL but I think of how much more confident and comfortable I am with myself than I was 6 or 9 months ago. It's odd that it happens inside SL as well.