Thursday, April 16, 2009

Love Thursday! Mexican Food!

MMMM! I love me some Mexican Food! I could eat it about 90% of the time. The best type of Mexican food is New Mexican food with Hatch green and red chile...not sauce..chile! I know that statement may offend some of my friends from TX and CA but NM food is the best! I have been living in AZ for ten years and nothing compares to the Mexican food from back home either.

When I was growing up, my mom used to make a big pot of beans and we would have beans, fried potatoes and Spanish rice the first night. Then it would be tostadas and enchillidas the rest of the week!

I find that the Mexican food from mom, Grandma and little rundown hole in the wall restuarants are often the best. My favorite dish is green chile chicken enchillidas and nachos. The one thing I look forward to on Friday nights is Margaritas and nachos.

This is making me hungry...I wonder if they have Mexican food in the cafe today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Mexican food too. However I only know of one good one so I rarely get to go there, but when I do... *pops a button of her pants off*