Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why Do I Do It?

Why oh why do I have to drop everything every time I see there is a hair hunt at Bewitched or House of Heart? I really don't even care for their hair. I think their hair has improved a lot since I started playing in November and I think HOH is really an improvement on the Bewitched brand.

However, for some reason because it is free, I must fight the lag and spend minutes or hours (!) trying to find the boxes just to spend my time deleting most of them from my inventory.

We need to come up with some type of name for this type of behavior like "Obsessive Compulsive Freebities" (OCF). It can be defined as someone who obsesses over finding freebies in SL over and over regardless of whether they like them or not.

3 comments:

Alicia Chenaux said...

You CAN do it, I promise!! I used to be like you. The moment a freebie notice popped up, I RAN like I was starving and the only food in town was at the store. LOL You know what finally stopped me? When Cen laid down a challenge on me to only use what was in my inventory and not buy or grab any freebies for a few days. I almost died! But since I couldn't lie to her, and because I love a challenge, I did it. Since then, I find that I don't NEED to run because there's a chance that I have something similar, or I won't like it anyway. I only go if it looks totally great and I know that I'll get some use out of it, or if it's something non-fashion related, like when I got a free tiki bar yesterday! :)

C said...

I was like you as well. I literally stayed up late to the point of exhaustion over Christmas and New Years doing all the hunts and gathering all the gifts.

FashCon day was insane, but almost any hunt would get me going. My guy friends teased me that I was like a little marine, prims stripped down, barefoot, ready for action, get in and get out, move it soldier move it!

Then I stopped. I don't know why, I just stopped. Now maybe once a week I'll go get something I see on the blogs. The notices? I usually just click ok without reading and almost never even open the attachments anymore.

I did do the Calla hunt for a bit, mainly because I had time to kill, I got maybe a dozen boxes then went to do something else. Wow that even sounds strange to me LOL.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally with you on the Bewitched/HOH hunts. I keep telling myself I should take myself off their subscribe-o-matic list, but for some reason I can't bring myself to do it. Other freebies are okay, I have no problem resisting them, but Bewitched hunts... *rolls eyes*

I don't like the textures of the curly hair, I don't think I'll ever wear them, but still I collect them. Don't know what's wrong with me!!